No, not now. Thankfully we are settled. For now. Whew! It probably sounds very odd to a person who has lived in the same house all of his/her life, but I don’t think of myself as moving around a lot. And yet, as I “write it down”, I am amazed at the math. In these 50 years (warning: I’m bad at math), I have lived in 18 different dwellings – houses or apartments!
Although a few of those were from one house to another in the same city, moving is moving. And it’s still not something I enjoy nor is it something I’m good at it. After all these moves, I still haven’t developed the art of moving well. I obviously don’t have the gift of moving. It offers yet another opportunity to depend on the Lord to get me through it. 🙂
One thing I do like about moving: we don’t really collect much “stuff”. Once you move that thing so many times that you never use, you realize just how little you want it … or need it. Add the bonus of a hubby who loves to throw things away, and life gets simplified really fast.
Before marriage, I lived in:
- Birmingham, AL: My first apartment with friends in Birmingham, AL
- Our first apartment in Birmingham with my new hubby – Brandywine Apartments
- Memphis TN where we lived in an apartment near our friends – scary ones (the apartments, not our friends)
Brent started seminary at MABTS
- Second apartment in Memphis – where we were apartment managers of a high-rise apartment building with 20 apartments, two on each floor
- Ruleville, MS into our first house – the church-owned Youth Pastor’s house – Ruleville, Mississippi Amanda was born
- Second house in Ruleville – the church-owned Pastor’s house (I think that’s self explanatory)
- Birmingham, AL where we lived in GreenTree Apartments
Brent finished seminary at Beeson Divinity School
- Rockford, AL where we lived in the church-owned Pastor’s house
Lauren was bornNatalie was born
- Auburn, AL into the First house we ever bought/owned
Josh was born
- Second house in Auburn
- Orting, WA – near Seattle – where we lived in the same house for 8 years!
- Rapid City, SD where we have now lived in three different rental houses in 4 1/2 years …
Thank You LORD, for blessing me with the opportunity to live in all these different states … and even different cultures within this nation. I am thankful for the experiences and the beauty of each of them. But mostly I am thankful for the people … all who have impacted my life forever.